This paper updates and extends through 2011 the findings that were first presented in my 2005 Pacific-Basin Finance Journal article, “Economic Growth and Equity Returns,” which contains a more complete list of citations and references. I want to thank Leming Lin for excellent research assistance, and the editor, Don Chew, for extensive suggestions and guidance. Comments from Jeremy Siegel and participants at the TAPMI International Conference in Banking and Finance in Bangalore and seminars at the Australian National University and the University of Melbourne are also appreciated.
Is Economic Growth Good for Investors?1
Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2012
Copyright © 2012 Morgan Stanley
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 8–18, Summer 2012
How to Cite
Ritter, J. R. (2012), Is Economic Growth Good for Investors?. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 24: 8–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-6622.2012.00385.x
- Issue online: 12 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!