Disclosures The authors wish to thank Amylin Pharmaceuticals for funding the development of this article through an unrestricted educational grant. The authors independently produced this manuscript and are solely responsible for all content. JU has served on as an advisory board member for Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals. He has received honoraria as a member of the speakers bureau for Eli Lilly and Company, Novo Nordisk, and Amylin Pharmaceuticals and has received research grants from Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals, Roche Pharmaceuticals, GSK Pharmaceuticals, and Sanofi-Aventis Pharmaceuticals. DH has served as an advisory board member for Eli Lilly and Company and Abbott Diabetes Care. She has also served as a consultant for Roche Diagnostics, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Sanofi-Aventis. BS owns stock in Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. CP has received consulting fees and funding for educational programs from Abbott Diabetes Care, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bayer Diagnostics, Eli Lilly and Company, Generex Pharmaceuticals, LifeScan, Medtronic MiniMed, Roche Diagnostics, Sanofi-Aventis, and Smiths-Medical.
Putting medications where they belong: Practical advice for managing type 2 diabetes in clinical practice
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2012
©2012 The Author(s) Journal compilation ©2012 American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Volume 25, Issue 2, pages 65–76, February 2013
How to Cite
Unger, J., Hinnen, D., Schreiner, B. and Parkin, C. (2013), Putting medications where they belong: Practical advice for managing type 2 diabetes in clinical practice. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, 25: 65–76. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-7599.2012.00736.x
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: AUG 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!