I would like to acknowledge the assistance of Howard Bashinski in the analysis and presentation of data. The National Youth Survey is supported by grants from the Violence and Traumatic Stress Branch, NIMH. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (MH27552 and MH41761), The National Institute of Justice, U.S. Department of Justice (82-IJ-CX-0011). and the National Institute of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, U.S. Department of Justice (78-JN-AX-0003). Points of view or opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the Department of Health and Human Services or the Department of Justice.
SERIOUS VIOLENT OFFENDERS: ONSET, DEVELOPMENTAL COURSE, AND TERMINATION—THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CRIMINOLOGY 1993 PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS*
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2006
Volume 32, Issue 1, pages 1–21, February 1994
How to Cite
ELLIOTT, D. S. (1994), SERIOUS VIOLENT OFFENDERS: ONSET, DEVELOPMENTAL COURSE, AND TERMINATION—THE AMERICAN SOCIETY OF CRIMINOLOGY 1993 PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS. Criminology, 32: 1–21. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-9125.1994.tb01144.x
Delbert S. Elliott is the Director of the Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence, Institute of Behavioral Science and Professor of Sociology at the University of Colorado.
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!