I am very grateful to Richard Lundman, Vincent Roscigno, Allen Liska, and the anonymous reviewers for thoughtful comments on earlier drafts of this article. I also thank Bob Kaufman and Lowell Hargens for methodological counsel.
SOCIAL INTERACTION AND COMMUNITY CRIME: EXAMINING THE IMPORTANCE OF NEIGHBOR NETWORKS
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2006
Volume 35, Issue 4, pages 677–704, November 1997
How to Cite
BELLAIR, P. E. (1997), SOCIAL INTERACTION AND COMMUNITY CRIME: EXAMINING THE IMPORTANCE OF NEIGHBOR NETWORKS. Criminology, 35: 677–704. doi: 10.1111/j.1745-9125.1997.tb01235.x
The data used in this analysis were made available by the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research. The data used in the Police Services Study, Phase II, 1977 Rochester, St. Louis, and St. Petersburg, were originally collected by Elinor Ostrum, Roger B. Parks, and Gordon Whittaker of Indiana University. Neither the collectors of the original data nor the consortium bears any responsibility for the analysis or interpretations presented here.
- Issue published online: 7 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!