CAPITAL STRUCTURES IN EMERGING STOCK MARKETS: THE CASE OF HUNGARY
Version of Record online: 6 MAR 2007
The Developing Economies
Volume 40, Issue 2, pages 166–187, June 2002
How to Cite
NIVOROZHKIN, E. (2002), CAPITAL STRUCTURES IN EMERGING STOCK MARKETS: THE CASE OF HUNGARY. The Developing Economies, 40: 166–187. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1049.2002.tb01006.x
- Issue online: 6 MAR 2007
- Version of Record online: 6 MAR 2007
- 1998. Transition Banking: Financial Development of Central and Eastern Europe. Oxford : Clarendon Press. , and .
- 1999. The Dynamics of Capital Structure. SSE/EFI Working Paper no. 333. Stockholm : Economic Research Institute (EFI), Stockholm School of Economics. ; ; and .
- 2001. “Capital Structures in Developing Countries. Journal of Finance 56, no. 1: 87–130. ; ; ; and .
- 1991. “Financial Reform in Eastern Europe: Progress with the Wrong Model. Oxford Review of Economic Policy 7, no. 4: 57–75. , and .
- 1996. The Capital Structure of Firms in Central and Eastern Europe. CEPR Discussion Paper no. 1392. London : Centre for Economic Policy Research. ; ; and .
- 1994. “Bank Reform and Behavior in Central Europe. Journal of Comparative Economics 19, no. 3: 335–61. .
- 2000. “Testing Tradeoff and Pecking Order Predictions about Dividends and Debt.” University of Chicago and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Mimeographed . , and .
- Financial Times Extel Database. 1996. The Extel Company Research Service (Version 1.58, 17/09/96), Equity Research (Release 2.1, 01/08/96). Financial Times, London.
- 1994. Financial System in Transition: Is There a Case for a Bank Based System. CEPR Discussion Paper no. 1062. London : Centre for Economic Policy Research. .
- 1982. “Corporate Financial Structure and Managerial Incentives.” In The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, ed. J.McCall. Chicago : University of Chicago Press. , and .
- 1986. “The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration. Journal of Political Economy 94, no. 4: 691–719. , and .
- 1997. The Capital Structure of Listed Companies in Poland. IMF Working Paper no. 97/175. Washington , D.C. : International Monetary Fund. , and .
- International Finance Corporation. 1997. Emerging Stock Markets Factbook 1997. Washington , D.C. .
- International Monetary Fund (IMF). 1999. International Financial Statistics Yearbook 1999. Washington , D.C. .
- 1986. “Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers. American Economic Review 76, no. 2: 323–29.
- 1976. “Theory of the Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs, and Ownership Structure. Journal of Financial Economics 3, no. 4: 305–60. , and .
- 2001. “Privatization and Corporate Governance.” Paper prepared for the Twelfth Annual East Asian Seminar on Economics: Privatization, Corporate Governance, and Transition Economies, Hong Kong , June 28–30. , and .
- 2000. Foreign Investment and Restructuring: The Evidence from Hungary. World Bank Technical Paper no. 453. Washington , D.C. : World Bank. , and .
- 1985. “Investment Patterns and Financial Leverage.” In Corporate Capital Structures in the United States, ed. B. J.Friedman. Chicago : University of Chicago Press. , and .
- 1990. “Financial Systems, Corporate Finance, and Economic Development.” In Asymmetric Information, Corporate Finance, and Investment, ed. R.Glenn Hubbard. Chicago : University of Chicago Press. .
- 1958. “The Cost of Capital, Corporation Finance and the Theory of Investment. American Economic Review 48, no. 3: 261–97. , and .
- 1977. “Determinants of Corporate Borrowing. Journal of Financial Economics 5, no. 2: 147–75.
- 1984. “The Capital Structure Puzzle. Journal of Finance 39, no. 3: 575–92.
- 1989. “Still Searching for Optimal Capital Structure.” In Are the Distinctions between Debt and Equity Disappearing? ed. Richard W.Kopcke and Eric S.Rosengren. Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Conference Series no. 33. Boston : Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- 1984. “Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have Information That Investors Do Not Have. Journal of Financial Economics 13, no. 2: 187–221. , and .
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). 2000. OECD Economic Surveys: Hungary. Paris .
- 1995. “What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data. Journal of Finance 50, no. 5: 1421–60. , and .
- 1988. “The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice. Journal of Finance 43, no. 1: 1–19. , and .
- U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration. 1996. “Hungary—Securities Market Overview.” National Trade Data Bank, Market Research Report. Washington , D.C. .
- U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration. 1999. “Hungary: Trade and Project Financing.” National Trade Data Bank. Washington , D.C. .