This research is part of the project, “Role of Small-Scale Finance in Rural Development: Rural Finance and Microfinance,” undertaken at the Institute of Developing Economies, JETRO.
COMMERCIALIZATION OF MICROFINANCE IN INDONESIA: THE SHORTAGE OF FUNDS AND THE LINKAGE PROGRAM
Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
© 2010 The Author. Journal compilation © 2010 Institute of Developing Economies
The Developing Economies
Special Issue: THE ROLE OF MICROFINANCE IN RURAL FINANCE: EVIDENCE FROM INDIA AND INDONESIA
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 156–176, March 2010
How to Cite
HAMADA, M. (2010), COMMERCIALIZATION OF MICROFINANCE IN INDONESIA: THE SHORTAGE OF FUNDS AND THE LINKAGE PROGRAM. The Developing Economies, 48: 156–176. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1049.2010.00102.x
- Issue online: 11 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 11 MAR 2010
- First version received April 2009; final version accepted November 2009
- Bank Indonesia. Various issues. Indonesian Financial Statistics. Jakarta: Bank Indonesia.
- Bank Indonesia. Various issues. Statistik bank perkreditan rakyat [People's credit bank statistics]. Jakarta: Bank Indonesia.
- 2003. Commercialization of Microfinance: Indonesia. Manila: Asian Development Bank. , and .
- 1999. “Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence. World Bank Economic Review 13, no. 2: 379–408. , and .
- Village Banks Offer Hope in Asia Mainstream Institutions Take an Interest in Microfinancing. International Herald Tribune, June 23, 2005. .
- 2008. “Maikurofainansu: Hinkon sakugen eno kin'yū chūkai”[Microfinance: Financial intermediary to poverty]. In Hinkon sakugen senryaku [Strategic policy for poverty reduction], ed. TatsufumiYamagata. Tokyo: Iwanami Shoten.
- 2001. “Microfinance Institution Study.” Jakarta: Promotion of Small Financial Institutions; Bank Indonesia; and German Agency for Technical Cooperation, Ministry of Finance, Indonesia. .
- 2006. Transforming Microfinance Institutions: Providing Full Financial Services to the Poor. Washington, D.C.: World Bank. , and .
- 2008. “Microfinance and the Financial Crisis” Crisis Talk. World Bank. http://crisistalk.worldbank.org/2008/11/microfinance-an.html (accessed August 10, 2009). .
- 1992. “Determinants of European Bank Profitability: A Note. Journal of Banking and Finance 16, no. 6: 1173–78. , and .
- Promotion of Small Financial Institutions (ProFI). 2003. “Improving Access to Financial Service for Low-Income Rural Households and Microenterprises in Indonesia.” Jakarta: ProFI.
- Promotion of Small Financial Institutions (ProFI). 2005. “Indonesia–Background Paper on Microfinance Policy and Strategy.” Jakarta: ProFI. http://www.profi.or.id/ (accessed August 10, 2009).
- 2010. “The Short-Term Poverty Impact of Small-Scale, Collateral-Free Microcredit in Indonesia: A Matching Estimator Approach. Developing Economies 48, no. 1: 128–55. ; ; and .
- 2010. “Microfinance Penetration and Its Influence on Credit Choice in Indonesia: Evidence from a Household Panel Survey. Developing Economies 48, no. 1: 102–27. ; ; and .
- 2002. The Microfinance Revolution. Vol. 2, Lessons from Indonesia. Washington, D.C.: World Bank.
- 2007. “Understanding the Role of Bank Relationships, Relationship Marketing, and Organization Learning in the Performance of People's Credit Bank.” Ph.D. diss., Tinbergen Institute.
- 2002. The Triangle of Microfinance: Financial Sustainability, Outreach and Impact. Baltimore, Md.: Johns Hopkins University Press. , and , eds.