I am extremely grateful to Yohei Kojima for his excellent assistance in collecting data and creating the dataset. I also extend my gratitude to Naohito Abe, Takashi Kurosaki, Chiaki Moriguchi, Kunio Ohkama, Yoshihiro Sakane, Osamu Saito, two anonymous referees, and the participants of the 78th Conference of the Socio Economic History Association at Toyo University and the seminar at Kyoto University for their valuable comments and advice. This work was supported by the Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (KAKENHI-06J10041) and Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S) (KAKENHI- 22223003). All errors are my own.
PARTICIPATORY RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN 1930s JAPAN: THE ECONOMIC REHABILITATION MOVEMENT
Article first published online: 1 JUN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. The Developing Economies © 2012 Institute of Developing Economies
The Developing Economies
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 170–192, June 2012
How to Cite
ARIMOTO, Y. (2012), PARTICIPATORY RURAL DEVELOPMENT IN 1930s JAPAN: THE ECONOMIC REHABILITATION MOVEMENT. The Developing Economies, 50: 170–192. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1049.2012.00163.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2012
- First version received July 2011; final version accepted January 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!