Belinda W. Nelson, PhD, Research Investigator (firstname.lastname@example.org); 2Noreen M. Clark, PhD, Marshall H. Becker Professor of Public Health, Professor of Pediatrics (email@example.com); 3Melissa A. Valerio, MPH, PhD, Candidate, Research Associate II (firstname.lastname@example.org); 4Christy R. Houle, MPH, PhD, Student, Graduate Student Research Assistant (email@example.com); 5Randall W. Brown, MD, MPH, Pediatric Pulmonologist (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Michigan School of Public Health, 1420 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029; and 6Clive Brown, MD, MPH, Epidemiologist (email@example.com), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Environmental Health, 1600 Clifton Road, MS-E17, Atlanta, GA 30333. This study was supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Asthma Prevention and Intervention in Impoverished Children Grant Award #U48/CCU515775. We thank the Detroit Public Schools Head Start Agency, Hartford Head Start Agency, and the caregivers and children who participated in the project described here and who continue to participate in our current work. We thank also the following 18 school centers in the Detroit Public Schools Head Start Agency that participated: Bagley, Macdowell, Birney, Pasteur, Thurgood Marshall, Schulze, Fitzgerald, Stewart, Glazer, Arts in Academics, Hampton, Vandenberg, Keidan, Vernor, Loving, Durfee, Macculloch, and Winterhalter, and the following 17 centers in the Hartford Head Start Agency that participated: Fellowship, St Paul, Great Commission, Peggy’s Place, Greater Mitchell, Redford, Hartford, St Olaf, Henderson, St Timothy, Jones, Tindal, Leland, 12th Street, Mayflower, WC3, and Moses Temple. We also thank Kristin Reikert for her thoughtful comments on an earlier draft of this paper.
Working With a Head Start Population With Asthma: Lessons Learned
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2006
Journal of School Health
Volume 76, Issue 6, pages 273–275, August 2006
How to Cite
Nelson, B. W., Clark, N. M., Valerio, M. A., Houle, C. R., Brown, R. W. and Brown, C. (2006), Working With a Head Start Population With Asthma: Lessons Learned. Journal of School Health, 76: 273–275. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1561.2006.00111.x
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!