Marian Levy, DrPH, RD, (email@example.com), Adjunct Professor, College of Allied Health Sciences, University of Tennessee, 930 Madison Avenue, Suite 600, Memphis, TN 38163; 2Brenda Heffner, MHA, RN, Coordinator of School Health Services, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Memphis City Schools, 2930 Airways Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38116; 3Tara Stewart, MPH, CHES, Director of Coordinated School Health (email@example.com), Le Bonheur Children’s Medical Center, 77 Washington Boulevard, Suite 400, Memphis, TN 38103; and 4Gail Beeman, MD, MHPE, Associate Professor (firstname.lastname@example.org), Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee, 50 North Dunlap, Room 401 WPT, Memphis, TN 38103. This study was supported by funding from the State of Tennessee, administered by the Tennessee Department of Health. We wish to acknowledge the dedication and expertise of Jennifer Douglas, RN, and Allyson Williams, RN, who served as asthma case managers in the Coordinated School Health Program at Le Bonheur Children’s Medical Center. This study could not have been conducted without the collaboration and valued partnership of Memphis City Schools. In particular we wish to acknowledge the Division of Exceptional Children and Health Services as well as the principals and staff of the participating elementary schools. Special appreciation goes to the students, parents, and guardians for their involvement, enthusiasm, and, above all, their trust. Previously published as an abstract at Asthma 2003: NHLBI National Conference on Asthma.
The Efficacy of Asthma Case Management in an Urban School District in Reducing School Absences and Hospitalizations for Asthma
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2006
Journal of School Health
Volume 76, Issue 6, pages 320–324, August 2006
How to Cite
Levy, M., Heffner, B., Stewart, T. and Beeman, G. (2006), The Efficacy of Asthma Case Management in an Urban School District in Reducing School Absences and Hospitalizations for Asthma. Journal of School Health, 76: 320–324. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1561.2006.00120.x
- Issue published online: 16 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!