Elements for Successful Collaboration Between K-8 School, Community Agency, and University Partners: The Lead Peace Partnership
Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2010
© 2010, American School Health Association
Journal of School Health
Volume 80, Issue 10, pages 501–507, October 2010
How to Cite
Bosma, L. M., Sieving, R. E., Ericson, A., Russ, P., Cavender, L. and Bonine, M. (2010), Elements for Successful Collaboration Between K-8 School, Community Agency, and University Partners: The Lead Peace Partnership. Journal of School Health, 80: 501–507. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1561.2010.00534.x
- Issue online: 14 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2010
- Received on October 6, 2009Accepted on June 1, 2010
- 3Research on K-12 school-based service-learning: the evidence builds. Phi Delta Kappan. 2000;81(9):658–664.
- 4National Youth Leadership Council. K-12 Service-Learning Standards for Quality Practice. Available at: http://www.nylc.org/pages-resourcecenter-downloads-K_12_Service_Learning_Standards_for_Quality_Practice?emoid=14:803. Accessed January 7, 2010.
- 5Taking service learning to the next level: emerging lessons from the National Community Development Program. Paper presented at National Society for Experiential Education. Springfield, VA; 2000.
- 6Responsible research with communities: participatory research in primary care. Policy Statement of the North American Primary Care Research Group. Available at: www.napcrg.org/responsibleresearch.pdf. Accessed March 10, 2006.,
- 8Charting the future of community health promotion: recommendations from the National Expert Panel on Community Health Promotion. Prev Chronic Dis. 2007;4(3):A68., , , ,
- 10Participatory research maximizes community and lay involvement. North American Primary Care Research Group. Br Med J. 1999;7212:774–778., , , et al.
- 12Participatory Action Research: Through Practice to Science in Social Research. Newbury Park, CA: Sage; 1991., ,
- 13Introduction to community based participatory research. In: MinklerM, WallersteinN, eds. Community Based Participatory Research for Health. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 2003:1–27.,
- 14Community Agency and School Collaborations: Going in With Your Eyes Wide Open. Paper presented at Service Learning Center. Palo Alto, CA; 1995.
- 15Commentary: building partnerships between schools and academic partners to achieve a health-related research agenda. Ethn Dis. 2006;16:S141–S153.
- 16Community Service Learning: A Guide to Including Service in the Public School Curriculum. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press; 1997.
- 20Lessons learned about disseminating health curricula to schools. J Health Educ. 1995;26(1):37–43., , ,
- 22Toward preventing youth violence: engaging urban middle-school students in community service learning. CURA Reporter. 2008;38(1):14–17.,
- 23Active parent consent for health surveys with middle school students: processes and outcomes. J Sch Health . 2010;80(2):73–79., , , ,
- 25Testing a community prevention focused model of coalition functioning and sustainability: a comprehensive study of communities that care. In: StockwellT, GruenewaldP, ToumbourouJ, LoxleyW, eds. Preventing Harmful Substance Use: The Evidence Base for Policy and Practice. London: Wiley; 2005:129–142., , ,