We gratefully acknowledge the support and collaboration of Kyle Guerrant, Karen Yoder, Mary Ann George, Martha Neilsen, Merry Stanford, Angela O’Neill, Shelli Doll, Paula Nettleton, Mary Teachout, Elizabeth Haller, Rachel Kusch, Taggert Doll, Jessica Shaffer, Sophia Hines, Heidi Harris, Rochelle Hurst, Steve Sukta, Kathy Gibson, and the Comprehensive School Health Coordinators Association. Special thanks to Marc Zimmerman and Jean Shope for suggestions during the initial phases of this project. We also express our gratitude to the many school administrators, teachers, support staff, and students involved in this study. This research was supported by grants from the Michigan Department of Education and the Michigan Department of Community Health. The Michigan Model for Health (MMH) is listed on several online program registries, including the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP). The authors have no financial interest in the MMH.
Promoting Mental Health and Preventing Substance Abuse and Violence in Elementary Students: A Randomized Control Study of the Michigan Model for Health
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2011
© 2011, American School Health Association
Journal of School Health
Volume 81, Issue 6, pages 320–330, June 2011
How to Cite
O'neill, J. M., Clark, J. K. and Jones, J. A. (2011), Promoting Mental Health and Preventing Substance Abuse and Violence in Elementary Students: A Randomized Control Study of the Michigan Model for Health. Journal of School Health, 81: 320–330. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1561.2011.00597.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2011
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2011
- Received on March 15, 2010, Accepted on June 28, 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!