The authors would like to thank the administration, faculty, and staff of the South Texas Independent School District (STISD) for their help and support during this study. Special thanks go to Ann Vickman and Sara Reibman for sharing information and insights from the ¡VIVA! Peer Tutor Program. This research was funded by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Grant H75DP001812). The contents of this presentation are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the South Texas Border Health Disparities Center at The University of Texas-Pan American.
Adolescent Health Literacy: The Importance of Credible Sources for Online Health Information
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2011
© 2011, American School Health Association
Journal of School Health
Volume 82, Issue 1, pages 28–36, January 2012
How to Cite
Ghaddar, S. F., Valerio, M. A., Garcia, C. M. and Hansen, L. (2012), Adolescent Health Literacy: The Importance of Credible Sources for Online Health Information. Journal of School Health, 82: 28–36. doi: 10.1111/j.1746-1561.2011.00664.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!