S. Pettigrew, PhD, Professor of Marketing
Outcomes of the West Australian school healthy food and drink policy
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Nutrition & Dietetics © 2012 Dietitians Association of Australia
Nutrition & Dietetics
Volume 69, Issue 1, pages 20–25, March 2012
How to Cite
PETTIGREW, S., PESCUD, M. and DONOVAN, R. J. (2012), Outcomes of the West Australian school healthy food and drink policy. Nutrition & Dietetics, 69: 20–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-0080.2011.01564.x
M. Pescud, BSc (Hons), Research Associate
R.J. Donovan, PhD, Professor of Social Marketing
Author contributions: SP and RJD participated in the design of the study. SP conducted the interviews and carried out the thematic analysis of the transcripts. MP carried out the statistical analyses. All authors assisted in drafting the manuscript and read and approved the final manuscript.
- Issue published online: 28 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2012
- Accepted June 2011
- 1World Health Organization. Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. WHO Technical Report Series 894. Geneva: WHO, 2000.
- 3An Australian childhood obesity summit: the role of data and evidence in ‘public’ policy making. Aust New Zealand Health Policy 2005; 2: 1–10., , , .
- 4The World of Goods: Towards an Anthropology of Consumption. London: Allen Lane, 1979., .
- 5Department of Education and Training. Healthy Food and Drink Policy. Perth: Government of Western Australia, 2008.
- 6Department of Health. Healthy Options WA: Food and Nutrition Policy. Perth: Government of Western Australia, 2009. (Available from: http://www.healthyoptions.health.wa.gov.au/links/index.cfm, accessed 17 April 2011).
- 8Psychological effects of snacks and altered meal frequency. Br J Nutr 1997; 77: 105–20..
- 12A need for healthy canteens in secondary schools in Mauritius. Nutr Food Sci 2003; 33 (5): 208–12., , .
- 13What are grade 5 and 6 children buying from school canteens and what do parents and teachers think about it? Nutr Diet 2004; 61 (3): 145–50., , .
- 24Department of Education and Training. 2006 Review of the Nutritional Value of Food Sold in School Canteens: Survey Report. Perth: Government of Western Australia, 2006.
- 26Department of Health and Ageing. Guidelines for Healthy Foods and Drinks Supplied in School Canteens. Canberra: Australian Capital Territory, 2010.
- 28Australian Bureau of Statistics. Consumer Price Index: December Quarter 2008. Cat. No. 6401.0. Canberra: ABS, 2009.