Improvement of media for thermophilic ammonia-oxidizing bacteria in compost
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2008
© 2008 Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
Soil Science & Plant Nutrition
Volume 54, Issue 4, pages 529–533, August 2008
How to Cite
SHIMAYA, C. and HASHIMOTO, T. (2008), Improvement of media for thermophilic ammonia-oxidizing bacteria in compost. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, 54: 529–533. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-0765.2008.00272.x
- Issue online: 21 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2008
- Received 29 August 2007.Accepted for publication 30 January 2008.
- 2000: Phylogenetic analysis of rhizosphere-associated β-subclass proteobacterial ammonia oxidizers in a municipal wastewater treatment plant based on rhizoremediation technology. Lett. Appl. Microbiol., 31, 34–38. , , , ,
- 1991: Competition for ammonium between nitrifying and heterotrophic bacteria in dual energy-limited chemostats. Appl. Environm. Microbiol., 57, 3255–3263. , ,
- 1994: Stoichiometry of activated sludge process for the treatment of synthetic organic wastewater. J. Ferment. Bioeng., 78, 175–178. , ,
- 2001: Adviser Stock Raising Environment Training Workshop. Livestock Industry's Environmental Improvement Organization, Tokyo (in Japanese).
- 1932: Application of statistics to problems in bacteriology: I. A means of determining bacterial population by the dilution method. J. Bacteriol., 25, 101–121. ,
- 2003: Chemolithoorganotrophic growth of Nitrosomonas europaea on fructose. J. Bacteriol., 185, 6809–6814. , ,
- 2005: Characteristics of ammonium removal by heterotrophic nitrification-aerobic denitrification by Alcaligenes faecalis No. 4. J. Biosci. Bioeng., 100, 184–191. , ,
- 1992: Measurement of nitrification, calculation and separation of nitro bacteria. In Study group of soil microbe (ed). A New Soil Microbe Experimental Method.pp. 207–214. Yokendo, Tokyo (in Japanese).
- 2004: Isolation of thermophilic ammonium-tolerant bacterium and its application to reduce ammonia emission during composting of animal wastes. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 68, 286–292. , , et al .
- 2002: Weakened activity of starved ammonia-oxidizing bacteria by the presence of pre-activated Nitrobacter winogradskyi. Microbes Environ., 17, 122–127. ,
- 2005: Moderately thermophilic nitrifying bacteria from a hot spring of the Baikal rift zone. FEMS Microbiol. Ecol., 54, 297–306. , , , , ,
- 1975: Length of incubation for enumerating nitrifying bacteria present in various environments. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 29, 265–268. , ,
- 2000: Heterotrophic nitrification by a thermophilic Bacillus species as influenced by different culture conditions. Can. J. Microbiol., 46, 465–473. ,
- 1971: Kinetic study of soil percolated with nitrite. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 17, 61–67. ,
- 1989: Heterotrophic nitrification by Alcaligenes faecalis: NO2–, NO3–, N2O, and NO production in exponentially growing cultures. Appl. Environm. Microbiol., 55, 2068–2072. , , , ,
- 1989: Autotrophic nitrification in bacteria. Adv. Microb. Physiol., 30, 125–181.
- 2000: Phylogeny of all recognized species of ammonia oxidizers based on comparative 16S rRNA and amoA sequence analysis: implications for molecular diversity surveys. Appl. Environm. Microbiol., 66, 5368–5382. , , , , ,
- 2003: 16S rRNA and amoA-based phylogeny of 12 novel betaproteobacterial ammonia-oxidizing isolates: extension of the dataset and proposal of a new lineage within the nitrosomonads. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol., 53, 1485–1494. , , , ,
- 1999: Significance of substrate C/N ratio on structure and activity of nitrifying biofilms determined by in situ hybridization and the use of microelectrodes. Water Res., 22, 763–769 (in Japanese). , ,
- 2007: Characteristics of newly isolated ammonia-oxidizing bacteria from acid sulfate soil and the rhizoplane of leucaena grown in that soil. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 53, 23–31. , , et al .
- 2004: Two kinds of ammonia-oxidizing bacteria isolated from biologically deodorizing plants in cold district. J. Biosci. Bioeng., 98, 207–210. , , , , ,
- 2003: Activity of thermophilic bacteria in compost. Kyusyu Agric. Res., 65, 82 (in Japanese). , , ,
- 1997: Phylogenetic relationships of activated sludge isolates of ammonia oxidizers with different sensitivities to ammonium sulfate. J. Gen. Appl. Microbiol., 43, 373–379. , ,
- 2001: Characteristics of newly isolated nitrifying bacteria from rhizoplane of paddy rice. Microbes Environ., 16, 101–108. , , et al .
- 1972: Heterotrophic nitrification by Arthrobacter sp. J. Bacteriol., 110, 955–961. ,
- 1989: Nitrifying Bacteria. Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology, vol. 3. Eds JTStaley, MPBryant, NPfennig and JGHolt, pp. 1808–1834. The Williams and Wilkins Company, Baltimore. , , , ,
- 2002: Development of a new biological deodorizing system of ammonium gas. NKK Report, 178, 81–86 (in Japanese). , , , ,