Present address:Division of Plant Sciences, Plant–Microbe Interactions Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, 2-1-2 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8602, Japan.
Evidence that a shoot-derived substance is involved in regulation of the super-nodulation trait in soybean
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2010
© 2010 Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
Soil Science & Plant Nutrition
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 115–122, February 2010
How to Cite
YAMAYA, H. and ARIMA, Y. (2010), Evidence that a shoot-derived substance is involved in regulation of the super-nodulation trait in soybean. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, 56: 115–122. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-0765.2009.00430.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2010
- Received 20 June 2009. Accepted for publication 19 October 2009.
- 1992: A supernodulating mutant isolated from soybean cultivar Enrei. Soil Sci.Plant Nutr., 38, 183–187. ,
- 2005: A method to enable continuous liquid introduction into apoplast of a soybean-plantlet leaf and its application to elucidating the supernodulation trait of NOD1-3. Biological Nitrogen Fixation, Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment. Proceedings of the 14th International Nitrogen Fixation Congress,Current Plant Science and Biotechnology in Agriculture, 41, 187–188. , ,
- 2002: Plant growth regulators and phloem exudates modulate root nodulation of soybean. Funct. Plant Biol., 29, 1299–1307. ,
- 1991: Plant genetic control of nodulation. Annu. Rev. Microbiol., 45, 345–382. ,
- 1985: A Supernodulation and Nitrate-Tolerant Symbiotic (nts) Soybean Mutant. Plant Physiol., 78, 34–40. , ,
- 1993: Effect of abscisic acid application on root isoflavonoid concentration and nodulation of wild-type and nodulation-mutant soybean plants. Plant Soil, 153, 145–149. ,
- 1987a: Shoot control of supernodulation in a number of mutant soybeans, Glycine max (L.) Merr. Aust. J. Plant Physiol., 14, 689–694. , ,
- 1987b: Supernodulation in interspecific grafts between Glycine max. (Soybean), and Glycine soja. J. Plant Physiol., 128, 473–478. , ,
- 1986: Regulation of the soybean-Rhizobium nodule symbiosis by shoot and root factors. Plant Physiol., 82, 588–590. , , , , ,
- 1993: Autoregulation and nitrate inhibition of nodule formation in soybean cv. Enrei and its nodulation mutants. J. Exp. Bot., 44, 547–553. ,
- 1995: Translocatable leaf signal autoregulates soybean nodulation. Plant Sci., 107, 167–176. ,
- 1989: Selection and initial characterization of partially nitrate tolerant nodulation mutants of soybean. Plant Physiol., 89, 169–173. ,
- 1986: Plant genetic approach to symbiotic nodulation and nitrogen fixation. In Legumes A Genetic Approach to Plant Biochemistry. Ed. ADBlonstein and PJKing, pp. 159–206, Springer Verlag, New York. ,
- 1988: Suppression of the symbiotic super-nodulation symptoms of soybean. J. Plant Physiol., 132, 417–423. , , et al.
- 1997: Hypernodulation of soybean, mung bean, and hyacinth bean is controlled by a common shoot signal. Crop Sci., 37, 1242–1246. , , ,
- 1984: Modification of symbiotic interaction of pea (Pisum sativum L.) and Rhizobium leguminaosarum by induced mutations. Plant Soil, 82, 427–438.
- 1991: Regulation of nodule development in supernodulating mutants and wild-type soybean. Crop Sci., 31, 688–693. , ,
- 2006: Shoot-applied MeJA suppresses root nodulation in Lotus japonicus. Plant Cell Physiol., 47, 176–180. ,
- 2002: Effect of exogenous salicylic acid supply on nodule formation of hypernodulating mutant and wild type of soybean. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 48, 413–420. , , et al.
- 1997: Shoot versus root signal involvement in nodulation and vegetative growth in wild-type and hypernodulating soybean genotypes. Plant Physiol., 113, 825–831. ,
- 2004: Control of nodule number by the phytohormone abscisic acid in the roots of two leguminous species. Plant Cell Physiol., 45, 914–922. , , et al.
- 2005: Systemic effect of a brassinosteroid on root nodule formation in soybean as revealed by the application of brassinolide and brassinazole. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 51, 389–395. , , et al.
- 2004: Effects on the root nodulation sucrose and 15N-labeled urea introduced into soybean leaf apoplast. Jpn. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 75, 685–691. ,