Present address: National Agricultural Research Center, Tsukuba 305-8666,
Comparison of N2O and CO2 concentrations and fluxes in the soil profile between a Gray Lowland soil and an Andosol
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2010
© 2010 Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
Soil Science & Plant Nutrition
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 186–199, February 2010
How to Cite
KUSA, K., SAWAMOTO, T., HU, R. and HATANO, R. (2010), Comparison of N2O and CO2 concentrations and fluxes in the soil profile between a Gray Lowland soil and an Andosol. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, 56: 186–199. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-0765.2009.00439.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2010
- Received 19 June 2009. Accepted for publication 26 November 2009.
- 2002: Effect of chemical fertilizer from on N2O, NO and NO2 fluxes from an Andosol field. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 63, 219–230. ,
- 2003: Effect of organic matter application on N2O, NO and NO2 fluxes from an Andisol field. Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 17, 1100. ,
- 2000: N 2O and NO emissions from soils after the application of different chemical fertilizers. Chemosp. Global Change Sci., 2, 313–320. , ,
- 1991: Nitrous oxide production and denitrification in Scottish arable soils. J. Soil Sci., 42, 351–367. , , ,
- 1994: Profile nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide concentrations in a soil subject to freezing. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 58, 115–122. ,
- 2006: Diffusion of 15N-labelled N2O into soil columns: a promising method to examine the fate of N2O subsoils. Soil Biol. Biochem., 38, 1462–1468. , , ,
- FAO, IFA 2001: Global Estimates of Gaseous Emissions of NH3, NO and N2O from Agricultural Land. Food and Agriculture Organization and International Fertilizer industry Association, Rome.
- 1985: Site of nitrous oxide production in field soils. Biol. Fertil. Soils, 1, 3–7. ,
- 1994: Nitrous oxide from agriculture. Norweg. J. Agr. Sci., 12, 7–128. ,
- 2005: Subsoil 15N-N2O concentrations in a sandy soil profile after application of 15N-fertilizer. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 72, 13–25. , , , , ,
- 1986: Soil water movement in upland fields converted from paddy fields. Soil Phy. Con. Plant. Grow, Jpn., 53, 13–19.
- 2002: Soil water condition and flow characteristics in the subsoil of a volcanic ash soil: findings form field monitoring from 1997 to 1999. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 48, 227–236. ,
- 1988: Measurement of soil water suction by use of handy digital manometer. Soil Phy. Con. Plant. Grow, Jpn., 58, 49–51. ,
- 1997: Soil Physical Quality. In Current Soil Science, Ed. KKazutake., pp. 96–118, Asakura Shiyoten, Tokyo.
- 1999: Annual nitrogen leaching to subsurface drainage water from a clayey aquic soil cultivated with onions in Hokkaido, Japan. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 45, 451–459. ,
- 1999: Quantification of transient CO2 production in a sandy unsaturated zone. Water Resour. Res., 35, 2189–2198. , , ,
- 1996: Measurement of NO and N2O fluxes from the soils with the application of ammonium- and nitrate-fertilizers. Res. Rep. Div. Environ. Planning NIAES, 12, 113–118. ,
- 2000: Effects of the depth of NO and N2O production in soil on their emission rates to the atmosphere: analysis by a simulation model. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 57, 83–98. , ,
- 1988: Flow in the soil of agricultural fields with shrinkage crack. Trans. Jpn. Soc. Irrig. Drain. Reclam. Eng., 137, 25–34.
- 1998: NO and N 2 O emission from nitrogen fertilized soil (3) -Vertical distributions of gas concentrations in soils applied with calcium nitrate, coated calcium nitrate, or coated urea-. Res. Rep. Div. Environ. Planning NIAES, 14, 47–76. , , , ,
- 2004: Effects of soil cover and land-use on the relations flux-concentration of trace gases. Soil Sci., 169, 243–259. ,
- 1997: Quantification of N-losses as NH3, NO, N2O and N2 from fertilized maize fields in southwestern France. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 48, 91–104. , ,
- Japanese Society of Pedology 2003: Unifiled Soil Classificarion System of Japan-2nd Approximation (2002). Hakuyushiya, Tokyo.
- 1971: Calculation of soil respiration and activity from CO2 profiles in the soil. Soil Sci., 113, 328–333. ,
- 1999: Groundwater pollution by cattle slurrt stored in unilined lagoon. Jpn. Agr. Res. Qrt., 33, 7–13. , , , , ,
- 2004: N2O emission and CH4 uptake in arable filelds managed under conventional and reduced tillage cropping systems in northern Japan. Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 18, GB4025. , , , ,
- 2006: Three years of nitrous oxide and nitric oxide emissions from a silandic Andosols cultivatied with maize in Hokkaido, Japan. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 52, 103–113. , , ,
- 2002: Nitrous oxide emissions for 6 years from a gray lowland soil cultivated with onions in Hokkaido, Japan. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 63, 239–247. , ,
- 2008: Comparison of the closed-chamber and gas concentration gradient methods for measurement of CO2 and N2O fluxes in two upland field soils. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 54, 777–785. , , ,
- 1996: Nitrous oxide fluxes from manure-amended soil under maize. J. Environ. Qual., 25, 1371–1377. , , , ,
- 2002: Nitrous oxide concentrations in an andisol profile and emissions to the atmosphere as influenced by the application of nitrogen fertilizers and manure. Biol. Fertil. Soils, 35, 108–113. , ,
- 1981: Nitrous oxide emissions from cropped fields. J. Environ. Qual., 10, 169–173. ,
- 2004: Microbial processes and the site of N2O production in a temperate grassland soil. Soil Biol. Biochem., 36, 453–461. , , ,
- 1993: Some problem about root of plant (6) -distribution of root system. Agriculture and Horiculture., 68, 1328–1332.
- 1998: A simple method for determining the gas diffusion coefficient in soils and its application to soil diagnosis and analysis of gas movement in soil. Bull. NIAES, 15, 1–66.
- 2001: Atmospheric chemistry and greenhouse gases. In Climate Change 2001: The Scientific Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Third Assecement Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change., Eds JTHoughton, YDing, DJGriggs, MNoguer, PJVan Der Linden, XDai, KMaskell and CAJohnson., pp. 241–287, Cambridge University Press, Chambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA. , , et al.
- 1982: Diffusion coefficients of carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, ethylene and ethane in air and their measurement. J. Soil Sci., 33, 175–184. ,
- Sapporo Distinct Meteorological Observatory 19952000: Monthly Climate Data in Hokkaido, Japan. Sapporo Distinct meteorological Observatory, Sapporo.
- 1996: Estimates of nitrous oxide emissions from soil in the UK. Energy Convers. Mgmt., 37, 1303–1308. , , , ,
- 2003: Exchange of greenhouse gases between soil and atmosphere: interactions of soil physical factors and biological processes. Eur. J. Soil Sci., 54, 779–791. , , , , ,
- 2004: The maximum permissible amount of nitrogen input into an Andosol upland field in Abashiri area assessed by percolate nitrate concentrations. Jpn. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 75, 45–52. ,
- 1997: Emission rates of methane from rice paddy fields and of N2O from fertilized upland fields estimated from intensive field measurement for three years (1992–1994) all over Japan. Res. Rep. Div. Environ. Planning NIAES, 13, 101–130.
- 1999: Land use change and biogeochemical controls of nitrogen oxide emissions from soils in eastern Amazonia. Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 13, 31–46. , , , , ,
- 1997: Diffusion analysis of N2O cycling in a fertilized soil. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 49, 29–33. , , ,