Denitrification characteristics of pond sediments in a Chinese agricultural watershed
Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2010
© 2010 Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
Soil Science & Plant Nutrition
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 66–71, February 2010
How to Cite
LI, F., YANG, R., TI, C., LANG, M., KIMURA, S. D. and YAN, X. (2010), Denitrification characteristics of pond sediments in a Chinese agricultural watershed. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, 56: 66–71. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-0765.2010.00450.x
- Issue online: 1 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 1 MAR 2010
- Received 17 September 2009. Accepted for publication 14 December 2009.
- 2007: Spatial and temporal variation of nitrous oxide and methane flux between subtropical mangrove sediments and the atmosphere. Soil Biol. Biochem., 39, 622–631. , , , , ,
- 1977: Rates of denitrification of undisturbed sediment from six lakes as a function of nitrate concentration, oxygen and temperature. Arch. Hydrobiol., 80, 147–159.
- 1998: Denitrification and nitrous oxide concentrations in the Humber Estuary, UK, and adjacent coastal zones. Mar. Pollut. Bull., 37, 247–260. ,
- 1992: Denitrification, dissimilatory reduction of nitrate to ammonium, and nitrification in a bioturbated estuarine sediment as measured with 15N and microsensor techniques. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 58, 303–313. , , , ,
- 1997: Acetylene blockage technique leads to underestimation of denitrification rates in oxic soils due to scavenging of intermediate nitric oxide. Soil Biol. Biochem., 29, 1067–1077. ,
- 2006: Denitrification and the nitrogen budget of a reservoir in an agricultural landscape. Ecol. Appl., 16, 2177–2190. , , ,
- 2006: The effect of temperature and carbon source on denitrification using volatile fatty acids. Biochem. Eng. J., 28, 148–155. ,
- 1996: Quantitative assessment of soil nitrate disappearance and N2O evolution during denitrification. Soil Biol. Biochem., 28, 589–595. , ,
- 1992: Inhibition of the fermentation process in soil by acetylene. Soil Biol. Biochem., 24, 905–911. ,
- 1998: Denitrification and nitrous oxide production in sediments of the Wiske, a lowland eutrophic river. Sci. Total Environ., 210–211, 307–320. , ,
- 1999: Nitrous oxide production in the river Swaleouse, northeast England. Water Res., 33, 1231–1237. , ,
- 2002: Soil nitrogen cycle processes in urban riparian zones. Environ. Sci. Technol., 36, 4547–4552. , , , , ,
- 2007: Factors controlling sediment denitrification in Midwestern streams of varying land use. Microb. Ecol., 53, 247–258. , ,
- 1989: The effect of fertilizer type and application rate on denitrification losses from cut grassland in Northern Ireland. Fertil. Res, 19, 45–55.
- 1982: Analysis of chamber methods used for measuring nitrous oxide production in the field. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J., 46, 250–255. , ,
- 1981: Denitrification and dissimilatory nitrate reduction to ammonium in digested sludge. Can. J. Microbiol., 2, 878–885. , ,
- 2008: Denitrification rate determined by nitrate disappearance is higher than determined by nitrous oxide production with acetylene blockage. Ecol. Appl., 32, 90–96. , , ,
- 1982: Experiment measurement of sediment nitrification and denitification in Hamilton Harbor (Canada). Hydrobiologia, 91, 207–216. ,
- 1982: Denitrification. Microbiol. Rev., 46, 43–70.
- 2009: Denitrification of river and reservoir sediments in the Jurong reservoir agricultural watershed, Qinhuai River basin. Acta Scien. Circum., 29(4), 854–860. (in Chinese). , , , ,
- 2000: A spatial study of denitrification potential of sediment in Belfast and Strangford Loughs and its significance. Sci.Total Environ., 251, 369–380. , ,
- 1994: The effect of temperature, oxygen, salinity and nutrient enrichment on estuarine denitrification rates measured with modified nitrogen gas flux technique. Estuar. Coast. Shelf. Sci., 38, 137–156.
- 2005: Analysis and assessment on eutrophication status and developing trend in Changjiang Estuary and adjacent sea. Mar. Environ. Sci., 24, 13–16. (in Chinese). , , ,
- 1994: Denitrification and methane production in sediment of Hamilton Harbor (Canada). Microb. Ecol., 27, 123–141. , , ,
- 2004: Transport and fate of nitrate in headwater agricultural streams in Illinois. J. Environ. Qual., 33, 1296–1304. , ,
- 1991: Acetylene inhibition technique underestimates in situ denitrification rates in intact cores of freshwater sediment. FEMS Microbiol. Ecol., 85, 101–106. , ,
- 2001: Denitrification rates in the sediment of Lake Memphrenagog, Canada-USA. Water Res., 35, 1897–1904. ,
- 1988: Denitrification in freshwater and coastal marine ecosystem: ecological and geochemical significance. Limnol. Oceanogr., 33, 702–724.
- 1993: Denitrification measurements in aquatic sediments: a comparison of three methods. Biogeochem., 23, 147–167. , , ,
- 1979: Phases of denitrification following oxygen depletion in soil [J]. Soil Biol. Biochem., 11, 261–267. ,
- 1982: Denitrification. In Methods of soil analysis, PartII, Ed. ALPage, pp. 1011–1026, American society of Agronomy, Madison, WI.
- 2000: In situ chamber denitrification measurements in reservoir sediments: an example from southeast Poland. Ecol. Eng., 16, 61–71. ,
- 1999: Nutrient budget and biogeochemistry in an experimental agricultural watershed in southeastern China. Biogeochem., 45, 1–19. , ,
- 2005: Policy and countermeasures to control non-point pollution of agriculture in China. Agriculture, 23, 47–51. (in Chinese). , , ,