Assessment of N2O, NOx and NH3 emissions from a typical rural catchment in Eastern China
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2010
© 2010 Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition
Soil Science & Plant Nutrition
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 86–94, February 2010
How to Cite
YANG, R., TI, C., LI, F., DENG, M. and YAN, X. (2010), Assessment of N2O, NOx and NH3 emissions from a typical rural catchment in Eastern China. Soil Science & Plant Nutrition, 56: 86–94. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-0765.2010.00459.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2010
- Received 30 September 2009. Accepted for publication 13 January 2010.
- 2001: Emissions of trace gases and aerosols from biomass burning. Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 15, 955–966. ,
- 1999: Atmospheric Chemistry and Global Change. Oxford University Press, New York. , ,
- 2008: Estimation of emissions from field burning of crop straw in China. Chin. Sci. Bull., 53, 784–790. , , ,
- China Fertilizer Information Web, http://natesc.agri.gov.cn/sites/tf/
- 1970: The influence of nitrogen oxides on the atmospheric ozone content. Q. J. Roy Meteor. Soc., 96, 320–325.
- 1979: The role of NO and NO2 in the chemistry of the troposphere and stratosphere. Annu. Rev. Earth Planet Sci., 7, 443–472.
- 2003: Nitrous oxide emission from Australian lands and mitigation options: a review. Aust. J. Soil Res., 41, 165–195. , , ,
- 1997: Global inventory of NOx sources. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 48, 51–60. , ,
- 2006: In situ determination ammonia volatilization in field of North China. Chin. J. Eco-Agric., 14, 46–48 (in Chinese). , ,
- 2002: Reactive nitrogen and the world: 200 years of change. Ambio., 31, 64–77. ,
- 2004: Nitrogen cycles: past, present, and future. Biogeochemistry, 70, 153–226. , , et al.
- 1985: National of Natural and Anthropogenic Sources and Emissions of Ammonia (1980). EPS 5/IC/1 Environment Canada, Ottawa, Ontario.
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). 2006 Guidelines for National Greenhouse Gas Inventories. http://www.ipcc-nggip.iges.or.jp/.
- 1995: Anthropogenic environmental pollution-the share of agriculture. Bodenkultur(abstract), 46, 269–283. ,
- 2000: Emission of N2O, NH3 and NOx from fuel combustion, industrial processes and the agricultural sectors in China. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 57, 99–106. ,
- 2006: An inventory of N2O from agriculture in China using precipitation-rectified emission factor and background emission. Chemosphere, 65, 1915–1924. , , ,
- 2007: Spatial and temporal patterns of nitrogen deposition in China: synthesis of observational data. J. Geophys. Res., 112, D22S05, DOI: 10.1029/2006JD007990. , ,
- 2000: Potential impact on the global atmospheric N2O budget of the increased nitrogen input required to meet future global food demands. Chemosphere-Global Change Science, 2, 465–473. ,
- 2005: Towards a revised coefficient for estimating N2O emissions from legumes. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 73, 171–179. ,
- 1998: Methods for Improving National Ammonia Emission Estimates, Technical Memorandum. EH Pechan and Associates, Rancho Cordova, California. , ,
- 1992: A global budget for atmospheric NH3. Biogeochemistry, 15, 191–211. ,
- 2000: Present and future emissions of air pollutants in China: SO2, NOx, and CO. Atmos. Environ., 34, 363–374. ,
- 2002: Domestic energy consumption in rural China: a study on Sheyang County of Jiangsu Province. Biomass and Bioenergy, 22, 251–256. , ,
- 2009: Agricultural landscape change in China’s Yangtze Delta, 1942–2002: a case study. Agric. Ecosyst. Environ., 129, 523–533. , , , , ,
- 1999: Direct nitrous oxide emissions from agricultural fields in China estimated by the revised 1996 IPCC guidelines for national greenhouse gases. Environ. Sci. Policy, 2, 355–361. ,
- 2002: Regional nitrogen budgets for China and its major watersheds. Biogeochemistry, 57/58, 405–427. ,
- 2003: Estimation of nitrous oxide, nitric oxide and ammonia emissions from croplands in East, Southeast and South Asia. Glob. Chang. Biol., 9, 1080–1096. , ,
- 1999: Nutrient budgets and biogeochemistry in an experimental agricultural watershed in Southeastern China. Biogeochemistry, 45, 1–19. , ,
- 2009: Spatial and temporal variation of inorganic nitrogen wet deposition to Yangtze River Delta Region, China. Water Air Soil Pollut., 203, 277–289. , , et al.
- 1997: Nitrogen Balance and Cycling in Agroecosystems of China. In Nitrogen in Soils of China, Ed. ZLZhu, QXWen and JRFreney., pp. 323–330, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordreche/Boston/London.
- 2002: Nitrogen fertilizer use in China-Contributions of food production, impacts on the environment and best management strategies. Nutr. Cycl. Agroecosyst., 63, 117–127. ,
- 2010: Estimates of synthetic fertilizer N-induced direct nitrous oxide emission from Chinese croplands during 1980–2000. Environ. Pollut., 158, 631–635. , ,