Editor's Note: This ET feature series is intended as an introduction to this exciting area of experimental mechanics. It aims to increase awareness of active materials and to promote their consistent characterization by disseminating best practices from leading researchers in the field. Each article in the series will address the characterization of one commercially significant active material. Series editors: Nilesh D. Mankame and Paul W. Alexander.
Tips and Tricks for Characterizing Shape Memory Wire Part 5: Full-Field Strain Measurement by Digital Image Correlation
Article first published online: 16 MAY 2011
© 2011, GM Global Technology Operations Inc. Experimental Techniques (2011) © 2011, Society for Experimental Mechanics
Volume 37, Issue 3, pages 62–78, May/June 2013
How to Cite
Reedlunn, B., Daly, S., Hector, L., Zavattieri, P. and Shaw, J. (2013), Tips and Tricks for Characterizing Shape Memory Wire Part 5: Full-Field Strain Measurement by Digital Image Correlation. Experimental Techniques, 37: 62–78. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-1567.2011.00717.x
- Issue published online: 1 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 16 MAY 2011
- Received: August 25, 2010; accepted: November 29, 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!