Kevin E. Davis is Professor of Law at New York University School of Law. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taking the Measure of Law: The Case of the Doing Business Project
Article first published online: 24 OCT 2007
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 32, Issue 4, pages 1095–1119, December 2007
How to Cite
Davis, K. E. and Kruse, M. B. (2007), Taking the Measure of Law: The Case of the Doing Business Project. Law & Social Inquiry, 32: 1095–1119. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4469.2007.00088.x
Michael B. Kruse is an Associate at Hunton & Williams.
We would like to thank Helen Hershkoff, Daniel Hulsebosch, Lewis Kornhauser, Liam Murphy, Carlos Rosenkrantz, David Trubek, Frank Upham, an anonymous reviewer, and members of the audience in presentations at the Fundação Getúlio Vargas, São Paulo, the 10th Latin American and Caribbean Law and Economics Association Conference, New York University School of Law, and the Comparative Law and Economics Forum 2007 for helpful comments and conversations. Support from the Filomen D’Agostino and Max E. Greenberg Research Fund at the New York University School of Law is gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue published online: 24 OCT 2007
- Article first published online: 24 OCT 2007
This article has been cited by:
- 1Administrative costs of regulation and foreign direct investment: the Standard Cost Model in non-OECD countries, Review of World Economics, 2015, 151, 1, 127, ,
- 2International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2015,,
- 3Legal Indicators: The Power of Quantitative Measures of Law, Annual Review of Law and Social Science, 2014, 10, 1, 37,
- 4Transfer Agents, Knowledge Authority, and Indices of Regulatory Quality: A Comparative Analysis of the World Bank and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis: Research and Practice, 2014, 1,
- 5Effect of business regulation on investment in emerging market economies, Review of Development Finance, 2013, 3, 1, 41, ,
- 9Measuring the World, Current Anthropology, 2011, 52, S3, S83,
- 10The moral quality of work in international economic institutions: resisting complacency, International Journal of Law in Context, 2008, 4, 04, 337, ,