Funding for this study was provided by the National Science Foundation, Award 0451207. The authors thank Paul Quirk, Ken Kersch, Lynn Mather, Timothy Lytton, Anthony Sebok, the members of the Law, Societies, and Justice group at the University of Washington, and several anonymous reviewers for their comments on earlier versions of this article. The authors dedicate this article to Daniel Lev, a model sociolegal scholar, mentor, and colleague who greatly inspired two of us. Dan died of lung cancer in 2006 after smoking all his adult life.
Criminalizing Big Tobacco: Legal Mobilization and the Politics of Responsibility for Health Risks in the United States
Article first published online: 29 DEC 2011
© 2011 American Bar Foundation.
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 288–321, Spring 2013
How to Cite
McCann, M., Haltom, W. and Fisher, S. (2013), Criminalizing Big Tobacco: Legal Mobilization and the Politics of Responsibility for Health Risks in the United States. Law & Social Inquiry, 38: 288–321. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4469.2011.01270.x
- Issue published online: 14 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 29 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!