We extend our thanks to the many lawyers who agreed to discuss their work with us and to the librarians and archivists at Rothchilds, Barings, HSBC, UBS, the Morgan Library, Guildhall, the Library of Congress, Duke, and Cornell. For sharing bonds from their personal collections, we also thank Michael Bradley, Mike Tomz, Arturo Porzecanski, Lee Buchheit, and Juan Flores. For comments on prior drafts, we thank Mitchel Abolafia, Al Brophy, Lee Buchheit, John Coates, John Conley, Anna Gelpern, Don Hornstein, Melissa Jacoby, Kim Krawiec, Don Langevoort, John Orth, Mark Osiel, Annelise Riles, and Lawrence Solan. We owe a special thanks to Emily Johnson, who tracked down Colonel George E. Church and quite possibly the first sovereign holdout case.
Origin Myths, Contracts, and the Hunt for Pari Passu
Article first published online: 25 APR 2012
© 2012 American Bar Foundation
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 72–105, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Weidemaier, M., Scott, R. and Gulati, M. (2013), Origin Myths, Contracts, and the Hunt for Pari Passu. Law & Social Inquiry, 38: 72–105. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4469.2012.01313.x
- Issue published online: 15 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 25 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!