Special thanks are due to Andrew Abbott, Joseph Fischel, Bernard Harcourt, Rochona Majumdar, Dan Slater, Matthias Staisch, and Ian Storey for valuable comments and sustained encouragement on this article. Early drafts have also benefited from feedback provided by the anonymous reviewer of Law & Social Inquiry and participants of Panel 47-4: Policed Sex and Politicized Sexualities at the 2010 American Political Science Association's Annual Meeting (September 2010) and the Theory and Practice in South Asia Workshop, University of Chicago (December 2010). Archival research at the British Library (London, UK) was supported by a grant from the Nicholson Center for British Studies at the University of Chicago.
The Story of the Tattooed Lady: Scandal and the Colonial State in British Burma
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2012
© 2012 American Bar Foundation
Law & Social Inquiry
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 969–990, Fall 2012
How to Cite
Kim, D. (2012), The Story of the Tattooed Lady: Scandal and the Colonial State in British Burma. Law & Social Inquiry, 37: 969–990. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4469.2012.01321.x
- Issue published online: 14 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2012
- Nicholson Center for British Studies
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!