Conflicts of interest: None declared.
Poststroke chronic disease management: towards improved identification and interventions for poststroke spasticity-related complications
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2011
© 2011 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2011 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 42–46, February 2011
How to Cite
Brainin, M., Norrving, B., Sunnerhagen, K. S., Goldstein, L. B., Cramer, S. C., Donnan, G. A., Duncan, P. W., Francisco, G., Good, D., Graham, G., Kissela, B. M., Olver, J., Ward, A., Wissel, J., Zorowitz, R. and on behalf of International PSS Disability Study Group (2011), Poststroke chronic disease management: towards improved identification and interventions for poststroke spasticity-related complications. International Journal of Stroke, 6: 42–46. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2010.00539.x
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2011
- 1World Health Organization. Global burden of stroke. Available at http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/en/cvd_atlas_15_burden_stroke.pdf (accessed 22 January 2009).
- 6Heart disease and stroke statistics – 2009 update: a report from the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee. Circulation 2009; 119:e21–181., , et al.
- 7National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health. Stroke: Hope Through Research. NIH Publication No. 99-2222. NINDS, 2004 Available at http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/stroke/detail_stroke.htm (accessed 28 April 2009).
- 12House of Commons Committee of Public Accounts. Reducing Brain Damage: Faster Access to Better Stroke Care. Fifty-Second Report of Session 2005–06. London, UK: The Stationary Office Limited, 2006.
- 13Recommendations for the establishment of stroke systems of care: recommendations from the American stroke association's task force on the development of stroke systems. Stroke 2005; 36:690–703., , et al.
- 27Royal College of Physicians. Guidelines for the Use of Botulinum Toxin (BTX) in the Management of Spasticity in Adults. London, Royal College of Physicians, 2002.
- 29Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of disabilities and associated health conditions among adults – United States, 1999. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 50:120–5.
- 31Feasibility study on pharmacoeconomics of botulinum toxin A (Botox) in spasticity following stroke. 3rd Eur Botulinum Toxin Sympos Abstr 1997; 1., , ,
- 36Measuring poststroke spasticity. Rev Clin Gerontol 2000; 10:69–74.,
- 40Spasticity: a rehabilitation challenge in the elderly. Gerontology 2001; 47:5–299.