Conflict of interest: None declared.
Hospital management and outcomes of stroke in Indigenous Australians: evidence from the 2009 Acute Care National Stroke Audit
Article first published online: 2 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2012 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 164–171, April 2013
How to Cite
Kilkenny, M. F., Harris, D. M., Ritchie, E. A., Price, C., Cadilhac, D. A. and National Stroke Foundation (2013), Hospital management and outcomes of stroke in Indigenous Australians: evidence from the 2009 Acute Care National Stroke Audit. International Journal of Stroke, 8: 164–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2011.00717.x
Funding: The National Stroke Foundation is a not-for-profit non-government organization that funds the Audit program.
- Issue published online: 15 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 2 FEB 2012
- The National Stroke Foundation
- 1Australian Bureau of Statistics. Causes of death 2206. Report No.: Report No: 3303.0, Canberra, Australia, 2008.
- 2AIHW (ed.): How We Manage Stroke in Australia. AIHW cat no CVD 31. Canberra, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2006:17–24.; in
- 3Australian Bureau of Statistics. Year book Australia; in: Statistics ABo (ed.): Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Population. Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra, Australia, 2008: 196–198.
- 13National Stroke Foundation. National Stroke Audit Clinical Report: Acute Services. Melbourne, 2009.
- 14National Stroke Audit: the Australian experience. Clin Audit 2010; 2:25–31., , , , , .
- 15National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Acute Stroke Management. Clinical Practice Guidelines. Melbourne, National Stroke Foundation, 2007.
- 16Identification of a reliable subset of process indicators for clinical audit in stroke care: an example from Australia. Clin Audit 2010; 2:67–77., , , , .
- 19Increasing stroke incidence with increasing levels of socioeconomic disadvantage. Australas Epidemiol 2004; 11:52–53., , et al.
- 20Native Americans: traditional healing. Urol Nurs 2007; 27:161–163., .
- 23National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management. 2010.
- 25Thrombolysis for acute ischaemic stroke. The Cochrane Libr 2000; 2:1–25., , .
- 28Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. National Best Practice Guidelines for Collecting Indigenous Status in Health Data Sets. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, Canberra, 1–24, 2010: 1–25.
- 29National Heart Stroke and Vascular Health Strategies Group. National Strategy for Heart, Stroke and Vascular Health in Australia. Canberra, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, 2004.