Conflict of interest: None declared.
Design of a prospective, dose-escalation study evaluating the Safety of Pioglitazone for Hematoma Resolution in Intracerebral Hemorrhage (SHRINC)
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2012
© 2012 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2012 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 8, Issue 5, pages 388–396, July 2013
How to Cite
Gonzales, N. R., Shah, J., Sangha, N., Sosa, L., Martinez, R., Shen, L., Kasam, M., Morales, M. M., Hossain, M. M., Barreto, A. D., Savitz, S. I., Lopez, G., Misra, V., Wu, T.-C., El Khoury, R., Sarraj, A., Sahota, P., Hicks, W., Acosta, I., Sline, M. R., Rahbar, M. H., Zhao, X., Aronowski, J. and Grotta, J. C. (2013), Design of a prospective, dose-escalation study evaluating the Safety of Pioglitazone for Hematoma Resolution in Intracerebral Hemorrhage (SHRINC). International Journal of Stroke, 8: 388–396. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2011.00761.x
Funding: The design, conduct, and salary support for study personnel for SHRINC are funded by SPOTRIAS P50-NS044227 from the National Institutes of Health to the University of Texas-Houston Medical School (UT Health) Stroke Program.
Dr. Gonzales was also supported by the American Heart Association Clinical Research Program Award 0885050N and NIH/NCRR 1KL2 RR024149 to the University of Texas-Houston Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences.
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2012
- SPOTRIAS. Grant Number: P50-NS044227
- American Heart Association Clinical Research Program Award. Grant Number: 0885050N
- NIH/NCRR. Grant Number: 1KL2 RR024149
This article has been cited by:
- 1Inflammation in intracerebral hemorrhage: From mechanisms to clinical translation, Progress in Neurobiology, 2013,, , , , ,
- 2Progress in translational research on intracerebral hemorrhage: Is there an end in sight?, Progress in Neurobiology, 2013,, , , ,
- 3Intracerebral Hemorrhage: Clinical Overview and Pathophysiologic Concepts, Translational Stroke Research, 2012, 3, S1, 10, ,
- 4Treatment of rats with pioglitazone in the reperfusion phase of focal cerebral ischemia: A preclinical stroke trial, Experimental Neurology, 2012, 238, 2, 243, , , , , ,