Conflict of Interest: None declared.
Inpatient stroke care quality for veterans: are there differences between Veterans Affairs medical centers in the stroke belt and other areas?
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2012 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 10, Issue 1, pages 67–72, January 2015
How to Cite
Jia, H., Phipps, M., Bravata, D., Castro, J., Li, X., Ordin, D., Myers, J., Vogel, W. B., Williams, L. and Chumbler, N. (2015), Inpatient stroke care quality for veterans: are there differences between Veterans Affairs medical centers in the stroke belt and other areas?. International Journal of Stroke, 10: 67–72. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2012.00861.x
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2014
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 FEB 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 AUG 2011
- Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development. Grant Number: RRP 09–184
- 3National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. 1996 Stroke belt initiative. http://www.Nhlbi.Nih.Gov/health/prof/heart/other/sb_spec.Pdf (accessed December 3, 2010).
- 8The quality of VA inpatient ischemic stroke care, FY2007: final national and medical center results of the VHA Office of Quality and Performance (OQP) special study, 2009., , , .
- 12The Joint Commission. 2004 Specifications manual for national hospital inpatient quality measures. http://www.Jointcommission.Org/stroke/ (accessed December 6, 2010).
- 16Stroke Council, American Heart Association; American Stroke Association. Statins after ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: an advisory statement from the Stroke Council, American Heart Association and American Stroke Association. Stroke 2004; 35:1023.
- 18Guidelines for prevention of stroke in patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association council on stroke: co-sponsored by the council on cardiovascular radiology and intervention: the American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline. Circulation 2006; 113:e409–449., , et al.