Conflict of interest: None declared.
Improving quality of life by increasing outings after stroke: study protocol for the Out-and-About trial
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2012 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 54–58, January 2013
How to Cite
McCluskey, A., Ada, L., Middleton, S., Kelly, P. J., Goodall, S., Grimshaw, J. M., Logan, P., Longworth, M. and Karageorge, A. (2013), Improving quality of life by increasing outings after stroke: study protocol for the Out-and-About trial. International Journal of Stroke, 8: 54–58. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2012.00966.x
Trial registration: This trial is registered with the Australian and New Zealand Clinical Trials Registry (ACTRN 12611000554965).
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2012
- National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia
- 1How We Manage Stroke in Australia. Canberra, Australia, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, 2006..
- 5National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management 2010. Melbourne, Australia, National Stroke Foundation, 2010.
- 7Selection of strategies; in Grol R , Wensing M , Eccles M (eds): Improving Patient Care: The Implementation of Change in Clinical Practice. Edinburgh, Elsevier Butterworth Heinemann, 2005:122–134., .
- 8Implementing evidence into practice; in Hoffmann T , Bennett S , Bennett J , Del Mar C (eds): Evidence-Based Practice across the Health Professions. Sydney, Elsevier Australia, 2010:318–339..
- 15Methods for evaluating area-wide and organisation-based interventions in health and health care: a systematic review. Health Technol Assess 1999; 3:1–110., , , , .
- 16Description of an occupational therapy intervention aimed at improving outdoor mobility. Br J Occup Ther 2006; 69:2–6., , .
- 21Deriving an algorithm to convert the eight mean SF-36 dimension scores into a mean EQ-5D preference-based score from published studies (where patient level data are not available). Value Health 2008; 11:1131–1143., .