Conflict of interest: None declared.
From what we know to what we do: translating stroke rehabilitation research into practice
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Authors. International Journal of Stroke © 2012 World Stroke Organization
International Journal of Stroke
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 11–17, January 2013
How to Cite
Walker, M. F., Fisher, R. J., Korner-Bitensky, N., McCluskey, A. and Carey, L. M. (2013), From what we know to what we do: translating stroke rehabilitation research into practice. International Journal of Stroke, 8: 11–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-4949.2012.00974.x
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2012
- 1European Stroke Organisation. Guidelines for management of ischaemic stroke and transient ischaemic attack 2008: the European Stroke Organisation (ESO) Executive Committee and the ESO Writing Committee Consensus Paper. Cerebrovascular Diseases 2008; 25:457–507.
- 2Royal College of Physicians. National clinical guideline for stroke. 3rd edn. Intercollegiate Stroke Working Party. Royal College of Physicians; 2008.
- 3Canadian Stroke Network and Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada. Canadian stroke best practices [internet]. 2012. Available at http://www.strokebestpractices.ca/ (accessed 12 July 2012).
- 4National Stroke Foundation. Clinical Guidelines for Stroke Management. Melbourne, National Stroke Foundation, 2010.
- 5Medical Research Council. Developing and Evaluating Complex Interventions: New Guidance. Medical Research Council, 2008. Available at http://www.mrc.ac.uk/complexinterventionsguidance
- 7Department of Health. National Stroke Strategy. London, Her Majesty's Stationery Office, 2007.
- 10Care Quality Commission. Supporting Life after Stroke. A Review of Services for People Who Have Had a Stroke and Their Carers. London, Care Quality Commission, 2011.
- 28Determining the barriers and facilitators to adopting best practices in the management of post-stroke unilateral spatial neglect: results of a qualitative study. In press., , , , , .
- 32National Stroke Foundation. National Stroke Audit Rehabilitation Services. Melbourne, National Stroke Foundation, 2010. ISBN 978-0-9805933-5-8.
- 37Description of an occupational therapy intervention aimed at improving outdoor mobility. Br J Occup Ther 2006; 69:2–6., , .