We are grateful for project support provided by the JNICT (the current Foundation for Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology) and the DGOT (Department for Territorial Planning, Ministry of Territorial Planning), which provided a grant for the entire project (PDGT/QRH/392/94). We must also acknowledge the support of ISEG, especially the Department of Social Sciences (Sociology Section) and the Research Center on Economic Sociology and the Sociology of Organizations (SOCIUS). We express our thanks to João Ferrão and J. M. Carvalho Ferreira, whose advice was invaluable to the research process. We also extend our gratitude to Maria Ioannis Baganha, Ilona Kovács, John Salt, Vítor Corado Simões and Rafael Marques, among others, for the help they provided at particular stages during the project. The comments of three anonymous referees on a previous version of this paper should also be acknowledged. Their constructive remarks were essential to the improvement of the present version. Finally, we should mention John B. Cherry and Peter Baldrey, who were respectively responsible for the translation and final editing of the paper. Concerning all, the usual disclaimer applies.
The International Mobility of Highly Skilled Workers in Transnational Corporations: The Macro and Micro Factors of the Organizational Migration of Cadres1
Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2006
International Migration Review
Volume 35, Issue 4, pages 1030–1053, December 2001
How to Cite
Peixoto, J. (2001), The International Mobility of Highly Skilled Workers in Transnational Corporations: The Macro and Micro Factors of the Organizational Migration of Cadres. International Migration Review, 35: 1030–1053. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-7379.2001.tb00051.x
- Issue online: 23 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 23 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!