We are grateful to the Spencer Foundation and the National Poverty Center at the University of Michigan for supporting our work. We also thank anonymous reviewers as well as Susan Brown, Lori Diane Hill, Justin McCrary, Heather Rose, and participants at the National Poverty Center Workshop and the annual meetings of the American Education Finance Association, the American Educational Research Association, and the Population Association of America for extremely helpful comments on earlier drafts. Any opinions expressed are those of the authors.
The Effect of Immigrant Communities on Foreign-Born Student Achievement1
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2011
© 2011 by the Center for Migration Studies of New York
International Migration Review
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 675–701, Fall 2011
How to Cite
Conger, D., Schwartz, A. E. and Stiefel, L. (2011), The Effect of Immigrant Communities on Foreign-Born Student Achievement. International Migration Review, 45: 675–701. doi: 10.1111/j.1747-7379.2011.00862.x
- Issue published online: 28 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!