This research was supported by NCI training grants: R25-CA092408 and R25-CA057699. The authors thank the project's Community Advisory Board and respondents to this survey. For further information, contact: Silvia Tejeda, Program for Cancer Control and Population Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 W Roosevelt Rd (M/C 275), Chicago, IL 60608; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Predisposing and Enabling Factors Associated with Mammography Use Among Hispanic and Non-Hispanic White Women Living in a Rural Area
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2008
© 2009 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 25, Issue 1, pages 85–92, Winter 2009
How to Cite
Tejeda, S., Thompson, B., Coronado, G. D., Martin, D. P. and Heagerty, P. J. (2009), Predisposing and Enabling Factors Associated with Mammography Use Among Hispanic and Non-Hispanic White Women Living in a Rural Area. The Journal of Rural Health, 25: 85–92. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2009.00203.x
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2008
- 6MMWR. QuickStats: Percentage of Women Who Reported Ever Having a Mammogram. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2005;54(1):18.
- 7Using the PRECED/PROCEED planning model to apply health behavior theories. In: GlanzK, RimerB, LewisF, eds. Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice. 3rd ed. San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass; 2002:409-436., .
- 24Comprehensive Cancer Control Program, Washington State Department of Health. Washington State: Comprehensive Cancer Control Plan, 2004-2008. Olympia , WA .
- 26Equity: Policy strategies, evidence, criteria, and an application. In: AdayL, BegleyC, LairsonD, SlaterC, eds. Evaluating the Health Care System: Effectiveness, Efficiency, and Equity. Chicago : Health Administration Press; 1998:173-247., , , .
- 27Access to Medical Care in the U.S. Who has it, Who Doesn't. Chicago , IL : Pluribus Press, and Center for Health Administration Studies; 1984., , .