This work was supported in part by National Institutes of Health Grant Number 1P20RR018787; and by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality under Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award no. T32HS000070. This study used the linked SEER-Medicare database. The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. The authors acknowledge the efforts of the Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute; the Office of Research, Development and Information, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; Information Management Services (IMS), Inc.; and the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program tumor registries in the creation of the SEER-Medicare database.They would like to thank Dan Gottlieb, MS, for his invaluable assistance with creation of the analytic dataset and keen advice. For further information, contact: Tracy Onega, PhD, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, HB 7927, Rubin Building, 8th Floor, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756; e-mail Tracy.L.Onega@dartmouth.edu.
Influence of Place of Residence in Access to Specialized Cancer Care for African Americans
Article first published online: 4 JAN 2010
© 2010 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 12–19, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Onega, T., Duell, E. J., Shi, X., Demidenko, E. and Goodman, D. (2010), Influence of Place of Residence in Access to Specialized Cancer Care for African Americans. The Journal of Rural Health, 26: 12–19. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2009.00260.x
- Issue published online: 4 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 4 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!