The authors would like to thank the Mayor of Dubach Township and all the Community Health Mentors for their assistance in the recruitment of participants for the focus groups. This project was part of a community-wide project funded by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA). For further information, contact: Mary W. Murimi, PhD, LDN, RD, School of Human Ecology, Louisiana Tech University, 261 Carson Taylor Hall, P.O. Box 3167, Ruston, LA 71272; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practicing Preventive Health: The Underlying Culture Among Low-Income Rural Populations
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2010
© 2010 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 26, Issue 3, pages 273–282, Summer 2010
How to Cite
Murimi, M. W. and Harpel, T. (2010), Practicing Preventive Health: The Underlying Culture Among Low-Income Rural Populations. The Journal of Rural Health, 26: 273–282. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2010.00289.x
- Issue published online: 6 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!