The authors declare no conflict of interest. This study was supported by the Hellenic Ministry of Culture, Secretariat General of Sports and the Hellenic Atherosclerosis Society. We are very grateful to Mr. Dimitrios Economou (network administrator for the Secretariat General of Sports) for his assistance with data retrieval and to all Physical Education professionals that have participated in the data collection over the years. For further information, contact: Labros S. Sidossis, Laboratory of Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Harokopio University, 70 El. Venizelou Str, Athens 17671, Greece, e-mail email@example.com.
Greek Children Living in Rural Areas Are Heavier but Fitter Compared to Their Urban Counterparts: A Comparative, Time-Series (1997-2008) Analysis
Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
© 2010 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 270–277, Summer 2011
How to Cite
Tambalis, K. D., Panagiotakos, D. B. and Sidossis, L. S. (2011), Greek Children Living in Rural Areas Are Heavier but Fitter Compared to Their Urban Counterparts: A Comparative, Time-Series (1997-2008) Analysis. The Journal of Rural Health, 27: 270–277. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2010.00346.x
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 15 NOV 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!