Funding: Support for this paper was provided by Grant U27RH01080–08-00 from the federal Office of Rural Health Policy, Health Resources and Services Administration.Disclosures: The funding agency for this study, the federal Office of Rural Health Policy, reviewed and commented on an earlier version of this paper.Acknowledgments: We thank our expert panel for sharing their knowledge about hospital quality measurement and rural hospitals. The panel members were: Dale Bratzler, DO, MPH, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center; Thomas Dean, MD, Horizon Health Care, Wessington Springs, SD; Nancy Foster, Vice President for Quality and Patient Safety Policy, American Hospital Association, Washington DC; Jennifer Lundblad, CEO, Stratis Health, Bloomington, MN; Cathleen Pfaff, RN, Cypress Healthcare, Deer Lodge, MT; and Brock Slabach, Senior Vice President, National Rural Health Association. We also thank the Office of Rural Health Policy staff; Jeff Stensland, MedPAC staff; Andy Coburn, University of Southern Maine; the Joint Commission Critical Access Hospital Technical Advisory Panel and staff; and the JRH reviewers for their helpful comments. For further information, contact:Michelle M. Casey, University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center, 2520 University Avenue SE, #201 Minneapolis, MN 55414; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rural Relevant Quality Measures for Critical Access Hospitals
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2012
© 2012 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 159–171, Spring 2013
How to Cite
Casey, M. M., Moscovice, I., Klingner, J. and Prasad, S. (2013), Rural Relevant Quality Measures for Critical Access Hospitals. The Journal of Rural Health, 29: 159–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2012.00420.x
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!