Funding: The ARMHS study was funded by the National Health and Medical Research Council (Project Grant #401241), and it was also supported by a Research Capacity Building Grant to the Australian Rural Health Research Collaboration.
Unintentional Injury, Psychological Distress and Depressive Symptoms: Is There an Association for Rural Australians?
Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
© 2012 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 12–19, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Fragar, L., Inder, K. J., Kelly, B. J., Coleman, C., Perkins, D. and Lewin, T. J. (2013), Unintentional Injury, Psychological Distress and Depressive Symptoms: Is There an Association for Rural Australians?. The Journal of Rural Health, 29: 12–19. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2012.00423.x
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
For further information, contact: Lyn Fragar, MPH, AO Research Leader, Australian Centre for Agricultural Health and Safety, University of Sydney, PO Box 256, Moree NSW 2400, Australia; e-mail: email@example.com.
Acknowledgments: We wish to acknowledge the support of Area Directors of Mental Health Services during the course of this phase of the study: Dr Russell Roberts, Richard Buss, Judy Kennedy, Dr Dinesh Arya, and particularly acknowledge the research site coordinators in each site: Jan Sidford, John Ogle (Broken Hill), Trim Munro, Amy Strachan (Moree), Louise Holdsworth, Kath O’Driscoll (Lismore), Cheryl Bennett, Jannelle Bowler (Orange), along with Fleur Hourihan, Dr Gina Sartore, Denika Novello, and the team of CIDI interviewers.
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 2 AUG 2012
- 1Injury as a Chronic Health Issue in Australia . Adelaide : Australian Institute of Health and Welfare National Injury Surveillance Unit; 2008., .
- 2Comparison of injury-related hospitalised morbidity and mortality in urban and rural areas in Australia. Rural Remote Health . 2010;10(1):1326. Available at: http://www.rrh.org.au/articles/subviewnew.asp?ArticleID=1326. Accessed December 7, 2011., .
- 9Major depression and injury risk. Can J Psychiatry . 2010;55(5):313-318., , , .
- 14Risk factor impact on the burden of disease and injury in Queensland, 2003. Queensland Burden of Disease and Injury Series 1 Circular 4 . Brisbane : Queensland Health; 2008., , , , , .
- 16Safe Work Australia. Work-Related Traumatic Injury Fatalities, 2006–2007 . Canberra : Commonwealth of Australia; 2009.
- 19Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) 2004. Rural, Regional and Remote Health: A Guide to Remoteness Classifications . Cat. no. PHE 53. Canberra : AIHW; 2004.
- 20World Health Organization (WHO) ICD-10 Classifications of Mental and Behavioural Disorder: Clinical Descriptions and Diagnostic Guidelines. Geneva : World Health Organization; 1992.
- 21Injury Surveillance Guidelines . Geneva : World Health Organization; 2001., , , , , .
- 33Clinician assisted computerized versus therapist delivered treatment for depressive and addictive disorders: a randomized controlled trial. MJA. 2011;195:S44-S50., , , .