Funding: Funding for the study was provided by Contract # 02776–12 from the North Carolina Division of Public Health P.I. C.S. Lea.
“Fault-line of an Earthquake”: A Qualitative Examination of Barriers and Facilitators to Colorectal Cancer Screening in Rural, Eastern North Carolina
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2012
© 2012 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 78–87, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Jilcott Pitts, S. B., Lea, C. S., May, C. L., Stowe, C., Hamill, D. J., Walker, K. T. and Fitzgerald, T. L. (2013), “Fault-line of an Earthquake”: A Qualitative Examination of Barriers and Facilitators to Colorectal Cancer Screening in Rural, Eastern North Carolina. The Journal of Rural Health, 29: 78–87. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2012.00424.x
Disclosures: Kelcy Walker is an employee of the funding agency, the North Carolina Comprehensive Cancer Program, North Carolina Division of Public Health. She aided in study design, data acquisition, and interpretation.
Acknowledgments: We are grateful to our participants who provided such rich information and experiences regarding barriers and facilitators to colorectal cancer screening.
For further information, contact: Stephanie B. Jilcott Pitts, PhD; Brody School of Medicine, ECU; 1709 West Sixth St; Greenville, NC 27834; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Determinants of Variations in Self-reported Barriers to Colonoscopy Among Uninsured Patients in a Primary Care Setting, Journal of Community Health, 2015, 40, 2, 260, , , , , , ,
- 2Optimal section thickness for detection of polyps at MR: resolution phantom study, Abdominal Imaging, 2015, 40, 6, 1451, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Pathways to Colonoscopy in the South: Seeds of Health Disparities, American Journal of Public Health, 2015, 105, 4, e103, , , , , , ,
- 4Barriers and Facilitators to Colorectal Cancer Screening in Vietnamese Americans: A Qualitative Analysis, Journal of Cancer Education, 2014, 29, 4, 728, , , , ,