Funding: This research was supported by the Veterans Rural Health Resource Center-Central Region (IMV 04-066-1) and the Center for Comprehensive Access & Delivery Research and Evaluation (REA 09-220). This study was also supported in part by an Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Centers for Education and Research on Therapeutics cooperative agreement #5 U18 HSO16094. Dr. Lund was supported by a Career Development Award from the Health Services Research and Development Service, Department of Veterans Affairs (CDA 10-017). Dr. Steinman was supported by an award from the National Institute on Aging and the American Federation for Aging Research (K23-AG030999).
Regional Differences in Prescribing Quality Among Elder Veterans and the Impact of Rural Residence
Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
No claim to original US government works
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 172–179, Spring 2013
How to Cite
Lund, B. C., Charlton, M. E., Steinman, M. A. and Kaboli, P. J. (2013), Regional Differences in Prescribing Quality Among Elder Veterans and the Impact of Rural Residence. The Journal of Rural Health, 29: 172–179. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2012.00428.x
Disclosures: These findings were presented at the VA Health Services Research & Development 28th National Meeting in National Harbor, Maryland, February 16, 2011. None of the research sponsors had any role in the study design, methods, analyses, and interpretation, or in preparation of the manuscript and the decision to submit it for publication. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
For further information, contact: Brian C. Lund; PharmD, VA Iowa City Health Care System (Mailstop 152), 601 Hwy 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246; e-mail: Brian.Lund@va.gov.
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 27 AUG 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1A Multisite Geriatric Education Program for Rural Providers in the Veteran Health Care System (GRECC-Connect), Gerontology & Geriatrics Education, 2014, 35, 1, 23, , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Prescribing Quality in Older Veterans: A Multifocal Approach, Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2014,, , , , ,
- 3Regional variation in medication-taking behaviour of new users of oral anti-hyperglycaemic therapy in Ireland, Irish Journal of Medical Science, 2014,, , ,