Acknowledgments: We would like to thank Edward Ellerbeck, MD, MPH, and Leslie Sullivan, MS, for their excellent mentorship as we developed this project for our fourth year medical school “Health of the Public” rotation.
Availability of Emergency Contraception in Rural and Urban Pharmacies in Kansas
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
© 2012 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 113–118, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Samson, F. D., Loren, R., Downing, N., Schroeppel, S., Kelly, P. J. and Ramaswamy, M. (2013), Availability of Emergency Contraception in Rural and Urban Pharmacies in Kansas. The Journal of Rural Health, 29: 113–118. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2012.00429.x
For more information, contact: Megha Ramaswamy, PhD, MPH, University of Kansas School of Medicine, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, MS 1008, Kansas City, KS 66160; e-mail: email@example.com.
- Issue published online: 3 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
- 4Guttmacher Institute. State policies in brief: Emergency contraception, September 1, 2011. Available at: http://www.guttmacher.org/statecenter/spibs/spib_EC.pdf. Accessed September 28, 2011.
- 5United States Food and Drug Administration. Updated FDA Action on Plan B (levonorgestrel) Tablets. 2009. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2009/ucm149568.htm. Accessed September 28, 2011.
- 6United States Food and Drug Administration. Appropriate age restriction for Plan B. 2006. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationfor-PatientsandProviders/UCM109780.pdf. Accessed September 28, 2011.
- 8Article 16. Regulation of Pharmacists. 2012. Available at: http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/statute/065_000_0000_chapter/065_016_0000_article/065_016_0037_section/065_016_0037_k/. Accessed September 28, 2011..
- 14Kansas pharmacists’ knowledge, attitudes and beliefs regarding over-the-counter emergency contraception. Proceedings of the 4th Annual GRASP Symposium . Wichita , Kansas : Wichita State University; 2008., , .
- 16Project defines “rural,”“frontier. Topeka Cap Journal July 23, 2011. Available at: http://cjonline.com/news/2011-07-23/project-defines-rural-frontier. Accessed March 1, 2012..