Funding: This study was funded by the National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Nursing Research, and National Heart Blood and Lung Institute Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) 1R15NR009218-01A. The authors have no conflict of interest to report.
Promoting Heart Health in Rural Women
Version of Record online: 25 OCT 2012
© 2012 National Rural Health Association
The Journal of Rural Health
Volume 29, Issue 3, pages 248–257, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Fahs, P. S., Pribulick, M., Williams, I. C., James, G. D., Rovynak, V. and Seibold-Simpson, S. M. (2013), Promoting Heart Health in Rural Women. The Journal of Rural Health, 29: 248–257. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-0361.2012.00442.x
Acknowledgments: The authors would thank the rural women who participated in this study. In addition we would like to acknowledge the assistance of community liaisons Phyllis Highland, MA, Unionville, VA; Mary Hamil Parker, PhD, Alexandria, VA; Vera Buel, BS, Delaware County Public Health Nursing Service; & Dottie Kruppo, Delaware Valley Hospital, Walton, NY. We would like to acknowledge the following RNs for their interventions and assistance in data collection: Mary X. Britten, EdD;1 Maureen Daws, PhDC;1 Alison Dura, MS;1 Theresa N. Grabo, PhD (retired);1 Yvonne Johnston, MPH;1 Irma H. Mahone, PhD;3 Donna Morgan, PhD;1 Mary Ann Nemcek PhD (retired);1 Judy Quaranta, MS;1 Elizabeth Reese, MS (retired);1 Fran Srnka-Debnar, MS;1 and former DSON graduate students Mary Ann Barron, MS, and Elizabeth Austin, PhD. We would like to acknowledge the contribution of the following people for their input into the original concept and design of this study: Geri Britton, PhD;1 Theresa N. Grabo, PhD (retired);1 Gale Spencer, PhD;1 and Elizabeth Merwin, PhD.3 A special acknowledgement goes to the over 50 undergraduate nursing students from the Decker School of Nursing, who assisted with the screenings and data collection in this R15 study. We would like to acknowledge Sedar Atav, PhD;1 and Stephen Samuels, PhD (retired);1 for their assistance with statistical analysis. In addition, we would like to thank Malgosia Krasuska, PhD;1 Lindsay Lake Morgan, PhD (retired);1 Mary Ann Swain, PhD;1 and Steve Wiitala, PhD, for their assistance in manuscript preparation.
- Issue online: 26 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 OCT 2012
- National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Nursing Research, and National Heart Blood and Lung Institute Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA). Grant Number: 1R15NR009218-01A
Vol. 30, Issue 1, 120, Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!