Current address: Juneau Center, Fisheries Division, University of Alaska Fairbanks, 11120 Glacier Highway, Juneau, Alaska 99801, U.S.A.
STATUS OF THE PACIFIC WALRUS POPULATION, 1950–19891
Article first published online: 26 AUG 2006
Marine Mammal Science
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 537–565, October 1997
How to Cite
Fay, F. H., Eberhardt, L. L., Kelly, B. P., Burns, J. J. and Quakenbush, L. T. (1997), STATUS OF THE PACIFIC WALRUS POPULATION, 1950–1989. Marine Mammal Science, 13: 537–565. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.1997.tb00083.x
This paper is the result of a 30-yr study by Dr. F. H. Fay. He drafted much of the paper before he died on 9 June 1994. Dr. Fay was meticulous at record-keeping; the data and calculations reported here are archived at the Institute of Marine Science, University of Alaska Fairbanks, along with papers and reports cited here.
Many individuals and agencies in the United States and in Russia assisted in the long-term research reported here. Preparation of this paper depended on financial support arranged by J. R. Twiss (U.S. Marine Mammal Commission) and Gerald Garner (U.S. National Biological Service). Additional insights were gained from discussions with Russian colleagues, especially G. A. Fedoseev, V. N. Gol'tsev, V. N. Mineev, and N. I. Mymrin. Two anonymous reviewers provided comments on an earlier draft. Gay Sheffield produced Figure 1.
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 26 AUG 2006
- Received: 4 January 1996; Accepted: 29 April 1996
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!