This article is dedicated to the memory of Professor Kenneth S. Norris, the man responsible for opening the senior author's eyes to the many differences between pelagic and inshore delphinids in terms of how they “make their living.” Ken's teachings about questioning paradigms and allowing the animal to tell the researcher the truths about itself have provided valuable guidance over the years and are evidenced by what we were able to learn from “Gulliver's travels.”
LONG DISTANCE OFFSHORE MOVEMENTS OF BOTTLENOSE DOLPHINS1
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
Marine Mammal Science
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 1098–1114, October 1999
How to Cite
Wells, R. S., Rhinehart, H. L., Cunningham, P., Whaley, J., Baran, M., Koberna, C. and Costa, D. P. (1999), LONG DISTANCE OFFSHORE MOVEMENTS OF BOTTLENOSE DOLPHINS. Marine Mammal Science, 15: 1098–1114. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.1999.tb00879.x
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
- Received: 13 December 1998 Accepted: 11 March 1999
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!