Ken Norris always maintained an active interest in seasonal abundance and distribution of large whales, which included his own radio-tagging experiments with gray whales. He was an enormous source of encouragement to me (BRM) from my earliest VHF tagging experiences in late 70s to satellite-monitored tagging of blue whales reported here. He was always excited to hear new information and eager to offer his interpretations. Ken was a life-long student with an inquiring mind. His energy, humor, enthusiasm, creativity, and giving nature will be missed by all who received these “gifts” from him.
MOVEMENTS OF NORTH PACIFIC BLUE WHALES DURING THE FEEDING SEASON OFF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND THEIR SOUTHERN FALL MIGRATION1
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
Marine Mammal Science
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 1246–1257, October 1999
How to Cite
Mate, B. R., Lagerquist, B. A. and Calambokidis, J. (1999), MOVEMENTS OF NORTH PACIFIC BLUE WHALES DURING THE FEEDING SEASON OFF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND THEIR SOUTHERN FALL MIGRATION. Marine Mammal Science, 15: 1246–1257. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.1999.tb00888.x
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
- Received: 6 April 1999 Accepted: 19 May 1999
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!