The authors dedicate this paper to the memory of Ken Norris. Ken had diverse interests and was a keen observer of marine mammals. Much of his work reflects a talent for assembling the bits and pieces of information presented by unusual opportunities and using them to develop the more valuable larger picture. A classic example of this kind of work is his publication in 1961 entitled “Observations on Pacific Cetaceans of Californian and Mexican waters” co-authored with his close colleague, the late John H. Prescott. This publication, which served as a regional guide to cetaceans for many years, was the result of the compilation of information from a wide range of sources including fisheries interactions, live display, shipboard observations, and strand-ings. We feel our paper, though modest in comparison, follows in his tradition.
BIOLOGICAL OBSERVATIONS ON STEJNEGER'S BEAKED WHALE, MESOPLODON STEJNEGERI, FROM STRANDINGS ON ADAK ISLAND, ALASKA1
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
Marine Mammal Science
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 1314–1329, October 1999
How to Cite
Walker, W. A. and Hanson, M. B. (1999), BIOLOGICAL OBSERVATIONS ON STEJNEGER'S BEAKED WHALE, MESOPLODON STEJNEGERI, FROM STRANDINGS ON ADAK ISLAND, ALASKA. Marine Mammal Science, 15: 1314–1329. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.1999.tb00893.x
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
- Received 12 November 1998. Accepted 31 December 1998.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!