Braund, S. R., S. W. Stoker and J. A. Kruse. 1988. Quantification of subsistence and cultural need for howhead whales by Alaska Eskimos. Report prepared for US Department of Interior, Buteau of Indian Affairs. US submission to the International Whaling Commission, unpublished report TC/40/AS2. 118 pp. (Available from IWC).
ABUNDANCE AND POPULATION TREND (1978-2001) OF WESTERN ARCTIC BOWHEAD WHALES SURVEYED NEAR BARROW, ALASKA
Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
Marine Mammal Science
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 755–773, October 2004
How to Cite
George, J. C. “., Zeh, J., Suydam, R. and Clark, C. (2004), ABUNDANCE AND POPULATION TREND (1978-2001) OF WESTERN ARCTIC BOWHEAD WHALES SURVEYED NEAR BARROW, ALASKA. Marine Mammal Science, 20: 755–773. doi: 10.1111/j.1748-7692.2004.tb01191.x
Clark, C. W., J. A. Colby, K. Cortopassi, D. Ponirakis, M. C. Fowler, C. Tessaglia-Hymes, K. M. Fristrup, K. J. Dunsmore and J. C. George. 2003. Passive acoustic locations and offshore distribution of bowhead whales (Balaena mysticetus) during the entire Spring 2001 survey off Pt. Barrow, Alaska. Paper SC/SS/BRG4 presented to the IWC SC, May 2003. 10 pp.
Treacy, S. D. 2001. Aerial surveys of endangered whales in the Beaufort Sea, Fall 2000. US Department of the Interior, Minerals Management Service, Alaska OCS Region.
Clapham, P. J., and L. T. Hatch. 2000. Determining spatial and temporal scales for population management units: Lessons from whaling. Paper SC/S2/SD2, available from the International Whaling Commission, The Red House, Station Road, Impington, Cambridge, UK.
- Issue online: 26 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 26 AUG 2006
- Received: 15 October 2003 Accepted: 10 may 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!