A somewhat different version of this paper was originally presented to the Section of Anthropology of The New York Academy of Sciences on December 16, 1974, in coauthorship with Dr. Janet Siskind of Rutgers University. Due to a friendly, but abiding, disagreement with certain positions that I hold with equal tenacity, Dr. Siskind has elected to remove her name from authorship of the published article. I share her misgivings that some of our conclusions were rather premature and speculative, and I offer the paper in the hope that its venturesome character will provoke further discussion. The text of the article was written by me, but many of the ideas in it derive from Dr. Siskind. She is in a very direct way responsible for much that is good in the essay, but she is in no way culpable for its errors and extravagances.
MAN'S CULTURE AND WOMAN'S NATURE*
Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2006
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 293, Anthropology and the Climate of Opinion pages 15–24, July 1977
How to Cite
Murphy, R. F. (1977), MAN'S CULTURE AND WOMAN'S NATURE. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 293: 15–24. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.1977.tb41803.x
- Issue online: 16 DEC 2006
- Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!