Presented at the Nov. 12, 1974 meeting of the Section of Anthropology. Fieldwork was undertaken among the Panare between the summer of 1967 and the summer of 1969, and again briefly during the winter of 1970. Financial support from the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research (New York, N.Y.), the U.C.L.A. Latin American Center (Los Angeles, Calif.), the Fundación Creole (Caracas, Venezuela), and an Andrew W. Mellon predoctoral fellowship (Pittsburgh, Pa.) is gratefully acknowledged. I am obliged to Dr. Robert A. Paul whose insightful comments on an earlier draft of this paper have been of great assistance.
MUSICAL POLITICS: ON SOME SYMBOLIC ASPECTS OF THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE PANARE INDIANS*
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2006
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 293, Anthropology and the Climate of Opinion pages 206–214, July 1977
How to Cite
Dumont, J.-P. (1977), MUSICAL POLITICS: ON SOME SYMBOLIC ASPECTS OF THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF THE PANARE INDIANS. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 293: 206–214. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.1977.tb41814.x
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!