I wish to thank Tulane University for providing funds for my field work in Peru; the Museum's Ogden Mills Fellowship for giving me the opportunity to write this paper; and Robert L. Carneiro and Stanley A. Freed for reading the manuscript and making helpful suggestions.
DISASTER, SOCIAL STRUCTURE, AND MYTH IN THE PERUVIAN ANDES: THE GENESIS OF AN EXPLANATION*
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2006
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
Volume 293, Anthropology and the Climate of Opinion pages 246–274, July 1977
How to Cite
Bode, B. (1977), DISASTER, SOCIAL STRUCTURE, AND MYTH IN THE PERUVIAN ANDES: THE GENESIS OF AN EXPLANATION. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 293: 246–274. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.1977.tb41817.x
Throughout this paper, translations of quotations from books and articles written in Spanish, as well as quotations from informants, are my own.
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2006
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!