ANNALS OF THE NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Chapter 7: Indicators and monitoring
Article first published online: 18 MAY 2010
© 2010 New York Academy of Sciences
Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
How to Cite
Jacob, K., Blake, R., Horton, R., Bader, D. and O’Grady, M. (2010), Chapter 7: Indicators and monitoring. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1196: 127–142. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.2009.05321.x
- Issue published online: 18 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 18 MAY 2010
References and further reading
- Clean Air-Cool Planet and (2005), Indicators of climate change in the Northeast 2005. The Climate Change Research Center, University of New Hampshire. http://www.cleanair-coolplanet.org/information/pdf/indicators.pdf Last accessed June 3, 2009.
- DEFRA (2004), Indicators of climate change in the UK. http://www.ecn.ac.uk/iccuk Last accessed June 2, 2009.
- DEFRA (2009), e-Digest statistics about climate change. http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/statistics/globatmos/index.htm. Last accessed June 2, 2009.
- 2007), Uncertainty and climate change adaptation—a scoping study. Copernicus Institute for Sustainable Development and Innovation, Department of Science Technology and Society (STS). University Utrecht, NL . http://www.nusap.net/downloads/reports/ucca_scoping_study.pdf Last accessed June 3, 2009. and (
- ENSO impacts on peak wind gusts in the United States, Journal of Climate, pp. 1728–1737. , , and (2004),
- 2006), Bottom up and top down: analysis of participatory processes for sustainability indicator identification as a pathway to community empowerment and sustainable environmental management, Journal of Environmental Management, 78 (2): 114–127. , et al . (
- 2003), Changes in the timing of high river flows in New England over the 20th century, Journal of Hydrology, 278: 244–252. , , and (
- (2004), Changes in the proportion of precipitation occurring as snow in New England (1949–2000), Journal of Climate, 17: 2626–2636. , , , and
- JPL-CIT-NASA (2008), Global climate change—key indicators. http://climate.jpl.nasa.gov/keyIndicators Last accessed June 2, 2009.
- NEISA (2009), New England integrated sciences and assessment—indicators of climate change in the Northeast. Online website http://neisa.unh.edu/Climate/index.html accessed May 14, 2009.
- NPCC-CRI (2009), Climate risk information—New York City panel on climate change. Release Version, February 17, 2009. pp. 67.
- NOAA (2009a), Tides and currents. Sea level trends. Mean sea level trend 8518750 The Battery, New York . Website accessed May 14, 2009: http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?stnid=8518750%20The%20Battery,%20NY.
- NOAA (2009b), Climate normals on a national and NY State base are available, respectively, at: http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/climatenormals/climatenormals.pl and http://cdo.ncdc.noaa.gov/climatenormals/clim81/NYnorm.pdf accessed 6/3/09.
- OECD (2004), Using the pressure-state-response model to develop indicators of sustainability http://destinet.ew.eea.europa.eu/policies_resources/fol955810/OECD_P-S-R_indicator_model.pdf/ Last accessed May 31, 2009.
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change (2009), http://www.pewclimate.org/global-warming-in-depth/all_reports/corporate_greenhouse_targets/ghg_targets_execsumm.cfm. Last accessed June 3, 2009.
- 2006), “An adaptive learning process for developing and applying sustainability indicators with local communities,” Ecological Economics 59: 406–418. , , and (